Welcome!! The show requires a bit of orientation and preparation. Here’s some info about how everything works…
1. As you probably know by now, the whole story happens on your cell phone. You’ll get roughly five text messages each week for about six months. It’s definitely an experiment in slow-motion storytelling. Sometimes several days will go by between messages. We think you’ll like how it all unfolds.
2. The main character in the story is named Sarah Boyd. Go ahead and assign “Sarah Boyd” as the contact name in your phone for the number that sends you messages from Sarah.
3. Occasionally, you might feel an urge to reply to a text in the story. Alas, the show isn’t actually interactive in that way. In fact, we don’t even have a way to see any responses you might send.
4. The show will start on Friday April 18th at a few minutes before 7pm Central Time.
That said, please feel free to encourage people to sign up after the show begins. We’ll bring them up to speed by sending them a link to this page.
Update: The show is at capacity and and we’re not able to accept more subscribers. Thank you for your interest!
5. To unsubscribe, text the word ‘remove’ to 469-213-2281. Important: That number is not the same as the number that sends the messages from Sarah.
6. A note to anyone in law enforcement, FBI, NSA, etc.: This story and its characters are entirely fictional. Please contact us directly with any concerns.
This project was made possible through very generous support from the Fusebox Festival, the City of Austin Cultural Arts Division, the Texas Commission on the Arts, IBM, The Guion Family Fund, Jim Greer & Daphne Keller, and other individual donors. Warm thanks to them all.