You’re all signed up. You’ll receive the first text message of the show on April 7th at around 7pm Central Time. See below for more information about what to expect…
We’re trying to spread the word about the show. If you can think of others who would enjoy this, visit this page to learn about inviting your friends.
What to expect…
The show requires a bit of orientation and preparation. Here’s some info about how everything works…
1. As you probably know by now, the whole story happens on your cell phone. You’ll get roughly five text messages each week for about six weeks. It’s definitely an experiment in slow-motion storytelling. Sometimes messages will come in a flurry. Sometimes several days will go by between messages. We think you’ll like how it all unfolds.
2. The main character in the story is named Riley. Go ahead and assign “Riley” as the contact name in your phone for the number that sends you messages from that main character.
You can also assign “Choice Channel” for the number that sends you the choice messages:
3. Occasionally, we’ll send messages with certain words in parentheses. If you text back one of those words, you’ll take the story in a particular direction.
4. The show will start on Tuesday April 7th at a few minutes before 7pm Central Time.
5. To unsubscribe, reply to any story message with “unsubscribe” or “stop” or “remove”. We’ll send a confirmation text that we’ve unsubscribed you. You can also unsubscribe by visiting this page.
6. If you need to reach us directly, write to physicalplant – at – gmail.com.
This project was made possible through very generous support from the Fusebox Festival, the Texas Commission on the Arts, IBM, Jim Greer & Daphne Keller, and other individual donors. Warm thanks to them all.